Rhode Island 44
(8-20, 3-9 away)
Saint Joseph's 81
(17-11, 12-4 home)
Venue: Hagan Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||N Malesevic 10
||M Aaman 9
||M Powell 4
||C Aiken 15
||R Roberts Jr. 11
||C Wilson 6
St. Joseph's (PA) punished Rhode Island 81-44 in conference play on an evening when the Rams shot just 29 percent from the floor. It was all St. Joseph's (PA) from the beginning and they led 39-20 at the half. Ronald Roberts Jr. picked up a double-double in the win with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Chris Wilson had 11 points and added six assists. For the Rams, Mike Aaman finished with eight points and nine rebounds. St. Joseph's (PA) (17-11, 8-7 A-10) takes on Charlotte (18-9, 6-7 A-10) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on the road.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:02 left to go.
- The last time StJoe started the season 17-11 was 2006.
- StJoe beat the spread by 28 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Hawks have beaten the spread.
- This was the fourth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, StJoe has been on the winning end of 12 blowout games.
- The Hawks have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- St. Joseph's (PA) has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 52.9 percent or better.
- StJoe has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season St. Joseph's (PA) has won 75 percent of the time (15-5) when Carl Jones has 10 points or more and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Ronald Roberts Jr. has five free throws made or more.
- The Hawks have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--StJoe has a 11.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (42) than the starters (39).
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 28 games this season.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has three straight double-digit point games.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 17th of his career.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- This was the third blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, URI has been on the losing end of 10 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Rams losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Andre Malone and Nikola Malesevic) accounted for 45.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Aaman and Nikola Malesevic) accounted for 43.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Mike Aaman has led the team in rebounding six times in 28 games this season.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Nikola Malesevic.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Mike Aaman.
|A||R. Roberts Jr.||28||13||11||1||1||1||2|