(7) Michigan 80
(25-5, 5-5 away)
(14-16, 10-8 home)
Venue: Mackey Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||T Burke 26
||G Robinson III 7
||T Burke 7
||T Johnson 32
||R Davis 9
||R Johnson 7
Purdue lost at home against No. 7 Michigan 80-75 in conference play on Wednesday, Mar. 6. With the loss, the Boilermakers go to 2-8 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Terone Johnson put up a career-high 32 points and seven rebounds for the Boilermakers. Rapheal Davis also had a strong showing, scoring 15 points and adding nine rebounds. For the Wolverines, Trey Burke finished with a team-high 26 points and seven assists (5 Reb 3 Stl). The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 9 when Purdue (14-15, 7-9 Big Ten) hosts Minnesota (19-8, 7-7 Big Ten).
Purdue Game Notes
- Purdue beat the spread by one points. That makes the 12th time this season the Boilermakers have beaten the spread.
- The Boilermakers have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Purdue is 29-23 in close games.
- Prior to this game, Purdue played 53 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 22-31.
- Purdue has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after recording three or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 80 or more total points this season, Purdue has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 23 or more free throws made this season, Purdue has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.9 percent or better this season, Purdue has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- The Boilermakers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 10 games.
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Boilermakers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Purdue has a 7.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Terone Johnson recorded a team season high in points with 32 and field goals made with 12.
- Terone Johnson accounted for 42.6 percent of the team's points.
- Terone Johnson has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 30 games this season.
- Rapheal Davis has led the team in rebounding in five out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Terone Johnson's career.
- Terone Johnson had career highs with 32 points and 12 field goals made.
Michigan Game Notes
- The Wolverines won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Michigan is 27-22 in close games.
- Trey Burke recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 14.
- Trey Burke accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's points.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring 19 times in 30 games this season.
- Glenn Robinson III has led the team in rebounding seven times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Trey Burke's career.
- Trey Burke has 30 straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Burke set a career high with 11 free throws made.
|B+||Tim Hardaway Jr||31||16||5||1||1||0||1|
|B||G. Robinson III||35||6||7||1||0||0||0|