Rhode Island 44
(8-20, 3-9 away)
Saint Joseph's 81
(17-11, 12-4 home)
Venue: Hagan Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||N Malesevic 10
||M Aaman 9
||M Powell 4
||C Aiken 15
||R Roberts Jr. 11
||C Wilson 6
Rhode Island shot just 29 percent from the field and was thumped by St. Joseph's (PA) 81-44 in conference play on Wednesday, Mar. 6. Rhode Island was never really in this one, as they trailed 39-20 at halftime and couldn't get back into it. Mike Aaman put up eight points and nine rebounds in the loss. Nikola Malesevic had 10 points and added five rebounds. Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded a double-double for the Hawks on 13 points and 11 rebounds. Rhode Island (8-20, 3-12 A-10) gets Massachusetts (18-9, 8-6 A-10) at home on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:02 left to go.
- The Rams have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 29.0 percent or worse.
- Rhode Island has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording seven or fewer free throws made.
- Rhode Island has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after committing 11 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Rhode Island has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Rhode Island has lost 92 percent of the time (1-11).
- When the opposition records four or more blocks this season, Rhode Island has lost 79 percent of the time (3-11).
- URI set a season low for three-pointers (one).
- Rhode Island has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Andre Malone and Nikola Malesevic) accounted for 45.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Aaman and Nikola Malesevic) accounted for 43.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Mike Aaman has led the team in rebounding in six out of 28 games this season.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Nikola Malesevic.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Mike Aaman.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- Ronald Roberts Jr. accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (42) than the starters (39).
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 28 games this season.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has three straight double-digit point games.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 17th of his career.
|A||R. Roberts Jr.||28||13||11||1||1||1||2|