George Washington 70
(12-16, 5-9 away)
La Salle 84
(21-7, 13-2 home)
Venue: Tom Gola Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||I Armwood 18
||I Armwood 10
||J McDonald 7
||R Galloway 29
||J Wright 7
||T Duren 7
On an evening when they scored 36 points from behind the arc, La Salle came out on top against George Washington 84-70 in A-10 play. With the win, the Explorers stay unbeaten against George Washington this season at 2-0. The Explorers got the win with a game-high 29 points and three rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) from Ramon Galloway. Jerrell Wright also had an outstanding game, scoring 16 points and adding seven rebounds. Isaiah Armwood recorded a double-double for the Colonials on a team-high 18 points and 10 rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Explorers. La Salle (21-7, 11-4 A-10) heads to 16th-ranked Saint Louis (23-5, 12-2 A-10) on Saturday, Mar. 9.
La Salle Game Notes
- The win over George Washington extended the La Salle winning streak to three games.
- La Salle beat the spread by five points. That makes the 12th time this season the Explorers have beaten the spread.
- The Explorers have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 84 or more total points.
- La Salle has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- This season La Salle has won 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Tyrone Garland has 12 points or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when D.J. Peterson plays 31 minutes or more, and 83 percent of the time (15-3) when Tyreek Duren has five field goals made or more.
- La Salle set a season low for rebounds (17).
- The Explorers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past eight games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--La Salle has a 12.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Ramon Galloway recorded a team season high in field goals made with 11.
- Ramon Galloway accounted for 34.5 percent of the team's points.
- Jerrell Wright accounted for 41.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ramon Galloway has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 28 games this season.
- Jerrell Wright has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 28 games this season.
- Tyreek Duren has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Ramon Galloway's career.
- Ramon Galloway has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Ramon Galloway had a career high with 11 field goals made.
- Jerrell Wright has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrone Garland has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrone Garland had a career high with three three-pointers.
George Washington Game Notes
- This loss extended the Colonials losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Isaiah Armwood and Lasan Kromah) accounted for 47.1 percent of the points.
- Isaiah Armwood accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Isaiah Armwood has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 20 times in 28 games this season.
- Isaiah Armwood recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Isaiah Armwood recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and ninth of his career.
- Isaiah Armwood set a career high with eight field goals made.