(9-21, 2-14 away)
Morehead State 73
(15-17, 11-5 home)
Venue: Municipal Auditorium
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||M Liabo 24
||B McLaughlin 3
||J Childs 2
||M Chavis 14
||K Owens 9
||D Atkinson 4
On Wednesday, Mar. 6, Tennessee-Martin was outrebounded 46-23 by Morehead State and lost to the Eagles 73-66 in the first round of the Ohio Valley Tournament. The Skyhawks stay winless against Morehead State this season at 0-2. Mike Liabo put up a game-high 24 points and two rebounds in a losing effort. Terence Smith scored 16 points and added three rebounds. Bruce Reed got 11 points and five rebounds for the Eagles. Tennessee-Martin (9-21) finished the regular season ninth in the Ohio Valley with a 5-11 record in conference play.
Tennessee-Martin Game Notes
- UTM beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Skyhawks have beaten the spread.
- Tennessee-Martin has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 18 or fewer field goals made.
- Tennessee-Martin has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 46 or more rebounds this season, Tennessee-Martin has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Tennessee-Martin has lost 90 percent of the time (2-18).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Tennessee-Martin has lost 90 percent of the time (2-18).
- UTM set a season low for rebounds (23).
- The Skyhawks have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- Tennessee-Martin has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- Jeremy Washington recorded a team season high in blocks with three.
- Mike Liabo accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's points.
- Mike Liabo has led the team in scoring in nine out of 30 games this season.
- Terence Smith has led the team in rebounding in three out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Mike Liabo's career.
- Mike Liabo has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Liabo had a career high with 10 free throws made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jeremy Washington.
Morehead State Game Notes
- Milton Chavis has led the team in scoring 11 times in 32 games this season.
- Kahlil Owens has led the team in rebounding seven times in 32 games this season.
- Angelo Warner has six straight double-digit point games.