Morehead State outrebounded Tennessee-Martin 46 to 23 and defeated the Skyhawks 73-66 in the first round of the Ohio Valley Tournament on Wednesday, Mar. 6. The Eagles stay undefeated against Tennessee-Martin this season at 2-0. Bruce Reed led the Eagles and put up 11 points and five rebounds. Milton Chavis had a team-high 14 points and added five rebounds. For the Skyhawks, Mike Liabo finished with a game-high 24 points and two rebounds. Tennessee-Martin (9-21) finished the regular season ninth in the Ohio Valley with a 5-11 conference record.
Morehead State Game Notes
- Morehead State has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) when its field goal percentage has been 43.9 percent or better.
- MSU has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Morehead State has won 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Milton Chavis has 14 points or more.
- MSU set a season low for three-pointers (one).
- The Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Milton Chavis has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 32 games this season.
- Kahlil Owens has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 32 games this season.
- Angelo Warner has six straight double-digit point games.
Tennessee-Martin Game Notes
- Jeremy Washington recorded a team season high in blocks with three.
- Mike Liabo accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's points.
- Mike Liabo has led the team in scoring nine times in 30 games this season.
- Terence Smith has led the team in rebounding three times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Mike Liabo's career.
- Mike Liabo has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Liabo set a career high with 10 free throws made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jeremy Washington.