Holy Cross 54
(12-18, 5-12 away)
(18-14, 13-3 home)
Venue: Kirby Sports Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||D Dudzinski 22
||D Dudzinski 8
||J Burrell 5
||S Hinrichs 20
||T Johnson 7
||B Scott 7
Lafayette smoked Holy Cross 77-54 in the quarterfinals of the Patriot Tournament on a night when they outscored the Crusaders 42-18 from behind the arc. With a record of 3-0, the Leopards stay unbeaten against Holy Cross this season. The Leopards were led by Tony Johnson, who put up 19 points and seven rebounds. Seth Hinrichs also had an excellent game, scoring a team-high 20 points and adding four assists. Dave Dudzinski finished with a game-high 22 points and eight rebounds for the Crusaders. Holy Cross (12-18) finished the regular season seventh in the Patriot with a 4-10 conference record.
Lafayette Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:37 left to go.
- The win over Holy Cross extended the Lafayette winning streak to six games.
- Lafayette beat the spread by 15.5 points.
- This was the fifth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Lafayette has been on the winning end of 12 blowout games.
- Lafayette has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.9 percent or better.
- The Leopards have won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after recording 77 or more total points.
- Lafayette has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- This season Lafayette has won 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Joey Ptasinksi has 11 points or more and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Tony Johnson has seven field goals made or more.
- The Leopards set a season high for blocks (eight).
- The last time Lafayette recorded at least eight blocks was Jan 02, 2012 against New Jersey Tech.
- Lafayette has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Lafayette has a 6.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Seth Hinrichs and Tony Johnson) accounted for 50.6 percent of the points.
- Seth Hinrichs has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 32 games this season.
- Tony Johnson has led the team in rebounding in five out of 32 games this season.
- Tony Johnson has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Seth Hinrichs's career.
- Seth Hinrichs has three straight double-digit point games.
Holy Cross Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, HC has been on the losing end of 10 blowout games.
- Dave Dudzinski accounted for 40.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dave Dudzinski and Cullen Hamilton) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Dave Dudzinski has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 14 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Dave Dudzinski's career.
- Dave Dudzinski has three straight double-digit point games.