North Carolina 79
(22-8, 7-6 away)
(20-10, 17-3 home)
Venue: Comcast Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||P Hairston 22
||R Bullock 12
||D Strickland 6
||D Wells 18
||J Padgett 7
||D Wells 2
North Carolina got a road win against Maryland 79-68 in conference play on an evening when they scored 30 points from behind the arc. With a record of 2-0, the Tar Heels remain unbeaten against Maryland this season. Reggie Bullock got 19 points and 12 rebounds for the Tar Heels, earning a double-double. P.J. Hairston also had an outstanding outing, scoring a game-high 22 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Terrapins, Dezmine Wells got a team-high 18 points and six rebounds. Next up for North Carolina (22-8, 12-5 ACC) is third-ranked Duke (26-4, 13-4 ACC) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on their home court.
North Carolina Game Notes
- The last time UNC started the season 22-8 was 1998.
- The win over Maryland extended the North Carolina winning streak to six games.
- UNC beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 18th time this season the Tar Heels have beaten the spread.
- North Carolina has won every game this season (11-0) when its three-point percentage has been 41.7 percent or better.
- The Tar Heels have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 10 or more three-pointers.
- North Carolina has won 76 percent of the time this season (13-4) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- UNC has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record nine or fewer assists.
- UNC has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 13.0 percent three-point percentage.
- This season North Carolina has won 77 percent of the time (20-6) when James Michael McAdoo has 10 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Marcus Paige plays 33 minutes or more, and 83 percent of the time (10-2) when Reggie Bullock has six field goals made or more.
- The Tar Heels have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- North Carolina has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 14 games.
- Reggie Bullock recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (P.J. Hairston and Reggie Bullock) accounted for 51.8 percent of the points.
- Reggie Bullock accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- P.J. Hairston has led the team in scoring in seven out of 30 games this season.
- Reggie Bullock has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 30 games this season.
- Reggie Bullock recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Reggie Bullock has four straight double-digit point games.
- Reggie Bullock recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and sixth of his career.
- Reggie Bullock had a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
- James Michael McAdoo has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of P.J. Hairston's career.
- P.J. Hairston has nine straight double-digit point games.
Maryland Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Dezmine Wells and Nick Faust) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Len and James Padgett) accounted for 41.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Dezmine Wells has led the team in scoring 11 times in 30 games this season.
- Alex Len has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 30 games this season.
- Dezmine Wells has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Jake Layman.