(15-15, 11-5 home)
Venue: Bartow Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||I Sykes 21
||I Sykes 11
||I Sykes 5
||R Rucker 16
||R Rucker 13
||Q Taylor 5
UCF outscored UAB 39-18 from behind the three-point line and got a road victory against the Blazers 74-70 in C-USA play on Wednesday, Mar. 6. The Knights stay undefeated against UAB this season at 2-0. The Knights got a double-double out of Isaiah Sykes with a game-high 21 points and 11 rebounds. Calvin Newell Jr. had 18 points (4 Stl 3 Ast). Rod Rucker registered a double-double for the Blazers on a team-high 16 points and 13 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). UCF (20-10, 9-6 C-USA) takes on Southern Miss (22-8, 11-4 C-USA) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on the road.
UCF Game Notes
- The last time UCF started the season 20-10 was 2002.
- UCF beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Knights have beaten the spread.
- The Knights have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, UCF is 24-26 in close games.
- The Knights have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- UCF has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) when its three-point percentage has been 46.4 percent or better.
- UCF has won every game this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.5 percent field goal percentage.
- UCF has won 94 percent of the time this season (16-1) when opponents record 70 or fewer total points.
- This season UCF has won 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Isaiah Sykes has 21 points or more, 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Kasey Wilson has four field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Matt Williams has three three-pointers or more.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Knights came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Isaiah Sykes and Calvin Newell Jr.) accounted for 52.7 percent of the points.
- Isaiah Sykes accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Isaiah Sykes has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 11 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Isaiah Sykes's career.
- Isaiah Sykes has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Isaiah Sykes recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 12th of his career.
- Isaiah Sykes had a career high with nine defensive rebounds.
- Calvin Newell Jr. had a career high with four steals.
- Kasey Wilson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kasey Wilson had a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
UAB Game Notes
- The Blazers have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UAB is 38-25 in close games.
- Rod Rucker recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 23.
- The top two scorers (Rod Rucker and Fahro Alihodzic) accounted for 44.2 percent of the points.
- Rod Rucker accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 20 times in 30 games this season.
- Rod Rucker recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rod Rucker has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Rod Rucker.
- Rod Rucker recorded a double-double. It was the 11th of his career.
- Jordan Swing has five straight double-digit point games.
- Fahro Alihodzic set a career high with five offensive rebounds.
|A||C. Newell Jr.||36||18||1||3||4||0||2|