(15-15, 11-5 home)
Venue: Bartow Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||I Sykes 21
||I Sykes 11
||I Sykes 5
||R Rucker 16
||R Rucker 13
||Q Taylor 5
UAB lost in front of the home crowd against UCF 74-70 in conference play on a night when they were outscored 39-18 by the Knights from beyond the three-point line. The Blazers are now 0-2 against UCF this season. Rod Rucker secured a double-double in the Blazers loss including a team-high 16 points and 13 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). Fahro Alihodzic had 15 points and added five rebounds. Isaiah Sykes registered a double-double for the Knights with a game-high 21 points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 9 when UAB (15-15, 7-8 C-USA) goes to 25th-ranked Memphis (26-4, 15-0 C-USA).
UAB Game Notes
- UAB started 15-15 during the 2011 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The Blazers have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UAB is 38-25 in close games.
- UAB has lost 75 percent of the time this season (3-9) after recording 70 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, UAB has lost 92 percent of the time (1-12).
- The Blazers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Blazers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--UAB has a 8.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Rod Rucker recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 23.
- The top two scorers (Rod Rucker and Fahro Alihodzic) accounted for 44.2 percent of the points.
- Rod Rucker accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 20 times in 30 games this season.
- Rod Rucker recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rod Rucker has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Rod Rucker.
- Rod Rucker recorded a double-double. It was the 11th of his career.
- Jordan Swing has five straight double-digit point games.
- Fahro Alihodzic had a career high with five offensive rebounds.
UCF Game Notes
- The Knights won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UCF is 24-26 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Isaiah Sykes and Calvin Newell Jr.) accounted for 52.7 percent of the points.
- Isaiah Sykes accounted for 30.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Isaiah Sykes has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 11 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Isaiah Sykes's career.
- Isaiah Sykes has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Isaiah Sykes recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 12th of his career.
- Isaiah Sykes set a career high with nine defensive rebounds.
- Calvin Newell Jr. set a career high with four steals.
- Kasey Wilson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kasey Wilson set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
|A||C. Newell Jr.||36||18||1||3||4||0||2|