American University 44
(10-20, 3-14 away)
(16-14, 10-4 home)
Venue: Christl Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||T Wroblicky 12
||T Wroblicky 8
||J Schoof 2
||E Ellis 16
||K Toth 7
||K Wilson 6
On a night when they were outscored 27-3 by the Black Knights from three-point territory, American University was blown out by Army 65-44 in the quarterfinals of the Patriot Tournament. The game was never competitive, as Army went up 39-20 at the half and never looked back. The Eagles are now 0-3 against Army this season. The Eagles got 11 points and six rebounds from Stephen Lumpkins. Tony Wroblicky had 12 points and added eight rebounds. Kevin Ferguson finished with a season-high 12 points and four rebounds for the Black Knights. This makes five losses in a row for the Eagles. American University (10-20) finished the regular season fifth in the Patriot with a 5-9 record in conference play.
American University Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:38 left to go.
- American University has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 44 or fewer total points.
- The Eagles have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 30.9 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.1 percent or better this season, American University has lost 100 percent of the time (0-10).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 56.3 percent or better this season, American University has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, American University has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- AU set season lows for three-pointers (one) and three-point percentage (9.1).
- American University has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Tony Wroblicky and Stephen Lumpkins) accounted for 52.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tony Wroblicky and Stephen Lumpkins) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Tony Wroblicky has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 7 times in 30 games this season.
- Tony Wroblicky has three straight double-digit point games.
Army Game Notes
- Kevin Ferguson recorded a team season high in blocks with five.
- The top two scorers (Ella Ellis and Larry Toomey) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- Ella Ellis has led the team in scoring 21 times in 30 games this season.
- Kyle Toth has led the team in rebounding seven times in 30 games this season.
- Ella Ellis has 11 straight double-digit point games.