(11-19, 4-8 away)
(17) Syracuse 78
(23-7, 17-2 home)
Venue: Carrier Dome
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||C Melvin 15
||C Melvin 8
||B Young 6
||J Southerland 22
||J Southerland 10
||M Carter-Williams 5
No. 17 Syracuse blew out DePaul 78-57 in conference action on Wednesday, Mar. 6. The Orange got a double-double out of James Southerland with a game-high 22 points and 10 rebounds. Michael Carter-Williams also had a good game, scoring 10 points and adding five rebounds (5 Ast 4 Stl). Cleveland Melvin got a team-high 15 points and eight rebounds for the Blue Demons. Syracuse (23-7, 11-6 Big East) takes on fifth-ranked Georgetown (23-4, 13-3 Big East) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on the road.
Syracuse Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:28 left to go.
- Syracuse started 23-7 during the 2003, 2000, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- SU beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Orange have beaten the spread.
- This was the 12th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, SU has been on the winning end of 51 blowout games.
- The Orange have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 47 or more rebounds.
- Syracuse has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- SU has won 94 percent of the time this season (17-1) when opponents record 12 or fewer free throws made.
- SU has won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) after holding an opponent to under 37.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Syracuse has won 75 percent of the time (18-6) when Michael Carter-Williams has 10 points or more, 76 percent of the time (16-5) when Brandon Triche has four field goals made or more, and 75 percent of the time (12-4) when C.J. Fair has seven rebounds or more.
- SU set a season low for three-point percentage (11.1).
- This is the 19th game at home this season--SU has a 20.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- James Southerland recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- The top two scorers (James Southerland and C.J. Fair) accounted for 48.7 percent of the points.
- James Southerland has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 3 times in 30 games this season.
- C.J. Fair has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Carter-Williams has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of James Southerland's career.
- James Southerland has eight straight double-digit point games.
- James Southerland recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- James Southerland had career highs with 11 free throws made, 10 rebounds, and six offensive rebounds.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Rakeem Christmas.
- Rakeem Christmas had a career high with five blocks.
DePaul Game Notes
- This was the sixth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, DePaul has been on the losing end of 28 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Blue Demons losing streak to five games.
- The top two scorers (Cleveland Melvin and Brandon Young) accounted for 47.3 percent of the points.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 19 times in 30 games this season.
- Cleveland Melvin has four straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Young has 12 straight double-digit point games.
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||16||0||3||0||0||0||1|