(11-19, 4-8 away)
(17) Syracuse 78
(23-7, 17-2 home)
Venue: Carrier Dome
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||C Melvin 15
||C Melvin 8
||B Young 6
||J Southerland 22
||J Southerland 10
||M Carter-Williams 5
DePaul was thumped by No. 17 Syracuse 78-57 in conference play on Wednesday, Mar. 6. The Blue Demons are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-5). The Blue Demons got a team-high 15 points and eight rebounds from Cleveland Melvin. Brandon Young had 12 points and added six assists. James Southerland registered a double-double for the Orange with a game-high 22 points and 10 rebounds. The Blue Demons are on a five-game losing streak. Next up for DePaul (11-19, 2-15 Big East) is 20th-ranked Pittsburgh (23-7, 11-6 Big East) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on their home court.
DePaul Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:28 left to go.
- The last time DePaul started the season 11-19 was 2007.
- Prior to this game, DePaul played 45 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 1-44.
- The Blue Demons have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 37.7 percent or worse.
- DePaul has lost 90 percent of the time this season (1-9) after recording six or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 24 or more free throws made this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 47 or more rebounds this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- DePaul has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 15 games.
- The top two scorers (Cleveland Melvin and Brandon Young) accounted for 47.3 percent of the points.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 19 times in 30 games this season.
- Cleveland Melvin has four straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Young has 12 straight double-digit point games.
Syracuse Game Notes
- James Southerland recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11.
- The top two scorers (James Southerland and C.J. Fair) accounted for 48.7 percent of the points.
- James Southerland has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding three times in 30 games this season.
- C.J. Fair has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Carter-Williams has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of James Southerland's career.
- James Southerland has eight straight double-digit point games.
- James Southerland recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- James Southerland set career highs with 11 free throws made, 10 rebounds, and six offensive rebounds.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Rakeem Christmas.
- Rakeem Christmas set a career high with five blocks.
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||16||0||3||0||0||0||1|