|Kent State||C Evans 16.8||C Evans 7.7||K Brewer 2.9|
|Akron||Z Marshall 12.9||D Treadwell 7.5||A Abreu 6.0|
On Friday, Akron hosts Kent State at James A. Rhodes Arena. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The Zips beat the Golden Flashes 71-67 on Jan. 19 and are 7-4 against them over the last four years.
Akron is currently in first place in the MAC and Kent State is in fifth.
The 14 points and eight rebounds by Zeke Marshall helped the Zips to a 72-58 victory over Miami (OH) on Mar. 5. He contributes a team-high 12.9 points per game and 3.6 blocks per game. For the Golden Flashes, Chris Evans finished with 12 points and 12 rebounds in the 69-61 win over Bowling Green on Mar. 5. He puts up a team-leading 16.8 points per game, 7.7 rebounds per game, and 2.0 steals per game.
Kent State StatSmack
- Akron has an average margin of victory of 8 over Kent State in 22 wins since 1980.
- Akron is better under pressure, and has defeated Kent State in seven out of the last 12 games decided by five points or fewer.
- Akron has more wins over the last 5 years than Kent State (140 vs. 135).
- That must sting. Akron has blown out Kent State by 20 points or more on three occasions since 1996.
- Demetrius Treadwell is ranked 7th in the MAC in rebounds.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Akron currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (980 to 944) than Kent State, per the NCAA.
- The Akron blocks leader (Zeke Marshall, 104 blocks) has more blocks than the Kent State blocks leader (Chris Evans, 21 blocks).
- Akron is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Akron is 78.8 inches compared to 77.2 inches for Kent State.
- Alex Abreu is ranked 10th in the MAC in three-pointers and 22nd nationally in assists.
- Akron has come back to win after being down at half against Kent State six times since 2005.
- Akron has a better record in close games than Kent State this season (6-2 vs. 6-5).
|D||E. Morris Jr.||5||1||1||0||0||0||0|