|Wake Forest||C Harris 15.0||D Thomas 7.5||C Miller-McIntyre 2.5|
|NC State||C Leslie 15.1||R Howell 10.9||L Brown 7.0|
NC State plays host to Wake Forest at PNC Arena on Wednesday. The game gets underway at 9 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Wolfpack lost to the Demon Deacons 86-84 on Jan. 22 and are 6-3 against them over the last four years.
NC State is in fourth place in the conference, Wake Forest is in ninth place.
In a 70-57 triumph over Georgia Tech on Mar. 3, Richard Howell put up 18 points and six rebounds for the Wolfpack. He tallies 13.0 points per game in addition to a team-best 10.9 rebounds per game. For the Demon Deacons, C.J. Harris finished with 19 points and six rebounds in the 67-57 loss to Maryland on Mar. 2. He leads the team with 15.0 points per game.
In terms of team stats, NC State has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Wolfpack have an edge over the Demon Deacons, 78 points per game to 67 points per game. Wake Forest ranks first in their conference in free throw rate at 44.0, which also places them 19th in the country.
Wake Forest StatSmack
- NC State has come back to win after being down at half against Wake Forest seven times since 1996.
- NC State is better at defending the three (30.8 percent allowed vs. 35.6 percent allowed) than Wake Forest this season.
- NC State players are more experienced than Wake Forest players (15,457 minutes played vs. 11,435 minutes played).
- That must sting. NC State has blown out Wake Forest by 20 points or more on six occasions since 1999.
- The NC State rebounding leader (Richard Howell, 316 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Wake Forest rebounding leader (Devin Thomas, 211 rebounds).
- Since 1998, NC State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Wake Forest (15 vs. 10).
- NC State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Wake Forest in 35 wins since 1980.
- NC State has a stronger schedule than Wake Forest this season (SOS Rank: No. 24 vs. No. 66).
- NC State has a better record at home than Wake Forest this season (15-1 vs. 10-5).
- NC State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Wake Forest ($28,218 vs. $51,910).
- Even computers respect NC State more. NC State has a better RPI this season than Wake Forest (RPI: No. 23 vs. No. 166).
|C-||A. Adala Moto||16||5||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||11||2||2||1||1||1||1|
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|