|Texas State||J Wright 17.3||J Wright 6.5||V Jones 2.7|
|Utah State||P Medlin 16.3||J Shaw 8.3||M Davis 3.3|
Utah State welcomes Texas State to Dee Glen Smith Spectrum on Thursday. Tipoff is at 9:05 p.m. EST and it can be seen on KMYU. The Aggies beat the Bobcats 81-57 on Dec. 31.
Texas State is in seventh place in the WAC and will be trying to close the gap with Utah State, who is currently in fifth place.
In their last game on Mar. 2, Marcel Davis put up 15 points for the Aggies in a loss to Texas-Arlington, 61-46. He tallies 7.3 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.3 assists per game. For the Bobcats, Deonte` Jones finished with 12 points and six rebounds in the 90-81 loss to Idaho on Mar. 2. He is averaging 4.5 points and 1.3 rebounds per game.
Texas State StatSmack
- Utah State allows fewer rebounds (28.5 allowed per game vs. 39.6 allowed per game) than Texas State this season.
- Boom! Utah State humiliated Texas State by 24 points the last time they played (Dec 31, 2012).
- The Utah State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Texas State (100 percent vs. 45 percent).
- Marcel Davis is ranked 7th in the WAC in assists.
- Utah State has a better conference record than Texas State this season (9-7 vs. 4-12).
- Utah State attacks the glass, with more rebounds (37.3 per game vs. 33.9 per game) than Texas State this season.
- Utah State players are more experienced than Texas State players (10,136 minutes played vs. 9,749 minutes played).
- It's only wins and losses, but Utah State has a better overall record than Texas State this season (19-9 vs. 9-20).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Utah State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (964 to 960) than Texas State, per the NCAA.
- Preston Medlin is ranked 10th in the WAC in three-pointers.
|F||Basil Brown II||8||2||1||0||0||0||0|