Buffalo vs. Bowling Green: Full Game Preview
|Buffalo||J McCrea 17.9||J McCrea 8.0||J Oldham 4.4|
|Bowling Green||A Calhoun 15.3||A Calhoun 7.3||J Crawford 4.4|
On Friday, Buffalo visits Stroh Center to take on Bowling Green. It gets started at 6 p.m. EST. The Bulls beat the Falcons 68-65 on Jan. 19 and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
Buffalo is currently in sixth place in the MAC and Bowling Green is in ninth place.
The Bulls were defeated by Ohio 72-69 on Mar. 5 despite 20 points and eight rebounds from Will Regan. He tallies 10.4 points per game and also adds 4.4 rebounds per game. The Falcons were defeated by Kent State 69-61 on Mar. 5 despite 11 points and six rebounds from Richaun Holmes. He is averaging 6.3 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.3 blocks per game.
Bowling Green StatSmack
- Boom! Buffalo defeated Bowling Green by 3 points the last time they played (Jan 19, 2013).
- Buffalo is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Buffalo is 215 lbs compared to 204 lbs for Bowling Green.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Buffalo currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (943 to 922) than Bowling Green, per the NCAA.
- Even computers respect Buffalo more. Buffalo has a better RPI this season than Bowling Green (RPI: No. 215 vs. No. 257).
- The Buffalo rebounding leader (Javon McCrea, 239 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Bowling Green rebounding leader (A`uston Calhoun, 218 rebounds).
- Buffalo has an average margin of victory of 11 over Bowling Green in 10 wins since 1998.
- Buffalo has more wins over the last 5 years than Bowling Green (101 vs. 88).
- Buffalo has a stronger schedule than Bowling Green this season (SOS Rank: No. 136 vs. No. 171).
- A for effort, but Buffalo has emerged victorious against Bowling Green the last three times they've played.
- Jarod Oldham is ranked 6th in the MAC in assists.
- Tony Watson II is ranked 2nd in the MAC in three-pointers and 7th in the MAC in assists.
|C||Tony Watson II||34||11||3||3||1||0||1|