Troy vs. Florida Atlantic: Full Game Preview
|Troy||E Jones 11.3||R Chambers 5.7||H Williams 3.2|
|Florida Atlantic||G Gantt 21.2||J McCoy 6.4||S Moody 2.3|
Troy squares off against Florida Atlantic in the first round of the Sun Belt Tournament at Summit Arena on Friday. It starts at 9:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Sun Belt Network. The Trojans fell to the Owls 80-59 on Jan. 17 and are 4-6 against them over the last four years.
In their last outing, despite 22 points and eight rebounds from Emil Jones, the Trojans fell to South Alabama 53-49 on Mar. 2. With 11.3 points per game, 1.7 steals per game, and 0.6 blocks per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Owls, Stefan Moody put up 28 points and seven rebounds in the 77-60 win over Florida International on Mar. 2. He is averaging 15.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.3 assists per game.
Florida Atlantic StatSmack
- Troy has come back to win after being down at half against Florida Atlantic five times since 1998.
- That must sting. Troy has blown out Florida Atlantic by 20 points or more on six occasions since 1997.
- Troy has an average margin of victory of 10 over Florida Atlantic in 17 wins since 1997.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Troy currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (952 to 941) than Florida Atlantic, per the NCAA.
- Hunter Williams is ranked 7th in the Sun Belt in three-pointers and 4th in the Sun Belt in assists.
- The Troy steals leader (Emil Jones, 53 steals) has more steals than the Florida Atlantic steals leader (Greg Gantt, 25 steals).
- Troy has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (49.4 percent to 36.7 percent).
- Antoine Myers is ranked 8th in the Sun Belt in assists.
- The Troy assist leader (Hunter Williams, 100 assists) has more assists than the Florida Atlantic assist leader (Stefan Moody, 63 assists).
- Emil Jones is ranked 6th in the Sun Belt in assists and 3rd in the Sun Belt in steals.