Notre Dame vs. Louisville: Full Game Preview
|Notre Dame||J Cooley 13.8||J Cooley 10.7||E Atkins 6.0|
|Louisville||R Smith 18.4||G Dieng 10.0||P Siva 5.9|
On Saturday, No. 8 Louisville plays host to No. 24 Notre Dame at KFC Yum! Center. Tipoff is at 4 p.m. EST and you can see it on CBS. The Cardinals fell to the Fighting Irish 104-101 on Feb. 9 and are 4-4 against them over the last four years.
Notre Dame is in fourth place in the conference and Louisville is in first place. Louisville has won its last six games.
The Cardinals got past Cincinnati 67-51 on Mar. 4 with the help of 18 points from Russ Smith. On top of his scoring average of 18.4 points per game, he delivers 3.7 rebounds per game. For the Fighting Irish, Jerian Grant finished with 21 points and eight assists in the 66-40 blowout of St. John's on Mar. 5. He contributes 5.6 assists per game in addition to his 13.5 points per game. Areas of strength for Notre Dame include: effective field goal percentage at 53.1 and turnover percentage at 17.3.
Notre Dame StatSmack
- Louisville has more wins over the last 5 years than Notre Dame (158 vs. 141).
- Russ Smith is ranked 30th nationally in points and 29th nationally in steals.
- Louisville has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Notre Dame this season (seven vs. four).
- Louisville has a stronger schedule than Notre Dame this season (SOS Rank: No. 9 vs. No. 84).
- Louisville has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (68.1 percent to 61.0 percent).
- Be afraid. Louisville has blown out more teams than Notre Dame this season (11 blowouts vs. seven).
- Louisville has a better record on the road than Notre Dame this season (8-3 vs. 4-4).
- Even computers respect Louisville more. Louisville has a better RPI this season than Notre Dame (RPI: No. 3 vs. No. 41).
- The Louisville three-point leader (Luke Hancock, 45 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Notre Dame three-point leader (Eric Atkins, 44 three-pointers).
- The Louisville steals leader (Russ Smith, 63 steals) has more steals than the Notre Dame steals leader (Eric Atkins, 45 steals).
- Louisville has a better conference record than Notre Dame this season (13-4 vs. 11-6).
|C||S. Van Treese||12||2||3||0||0||0||0|