North Florida 63
(13-19, 5-15 away)
Florida Gulf Coast 73
(22-10, 16-1 home)
Venue: Hawkins Arena
2:30PM ET / 11:30AM PT, March 06, 2013
|Florida Gulf Coast
||P Smith 29
||T Wallace 8
||W Wilson 6
|Florida Gulf Coast
||C Fieler 22
||C Fieler 9
||B Comer 6
North Florida lost to Florida Gulf Coast 73-63 in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic Sun Tournament on Wednesday, Mar. 6. The Ospreys remain winless against Florida Gulf Coast this season at 0-3. Parker Smith played brilliantly for the Ospreys and put up a game-high 29 points, sinking six of 10 from three-point range. Travis Wallace had eight points and added eight rebounds. For the Eagles, Chase Fieler finished with a team-high 22 points and nine rebounds. North Florida (13-19) finished the regular season seventh in the Atlantic Sun with an 8-10 record in conference play.
North Florida Game Notes
- North Florida has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- North Florida has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after recording 63 or fewer total points.
- The Ospreys have lost 88 percent of the time this season (2-14) after having a field goal percentage of 41.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, North Florida has lost 86 percent of the time (2-12).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, North Florida has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, North Florida has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- North Florida has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- Parker Smith accounted for 46.0 percent of the team's points.
- Parker Smith has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 32 games this season.
- Travis Wallace has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Parker Smith's career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Beau Beech.
Florida Gulf Coast Game Notes
- Chase Fieler accounted for 30.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chase Fieler and Eric McKnight) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Chase Fieler has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 10 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Chase Fieler's career.
- Chase Fieler has six straight double-digit point games.
- Chase Fieler set career highs with 22 points, eight field goals made, a 100 percent three-point percentage, and six offensive rebounds.
- Bernard Thompson has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Eddie Murray set a career high with four steals.