Texas vs. Texas Tech: Full Game Preview
|Texas||M Kabongo 17.0||J Holmes 6.0||M Kabongo 5.4|
|Texas Tech||J Crockett 11.8||J Crockett 6.8||J Gray 3.3|
Texas Tech welcomes Texas to United Spirit Arena on Saturday. It starts at 4 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Big 12 Network. The Red Raiders lost to the Longhorns 73-57 on Jan. 26 and are 0-9 against them over the last four years.
A win here would help close the gap with Texas in the Big 12, who are in seventh place and just above Texas Tech in ninth place.
The Red Raiders fell 79-42 to Kansas on Mar. 4. Jordan Tolbert finished with 16 points in the loss. He tallies 9.7 points per game and also adds 5.5 rebounds per game. For the Longhorns, Myck Kabongo put up 19 points and six rebounds in the 79-70 win over Baylor on Mar. 4. He puts up a team-leading 17.0 points per game, 5.4 assists per game, and 1.7 steals per game.
- The Texas Tech steals leader (Josh Gray, 57 steals) has more steals than the Texas steals leader (Javan Felix, 34 steals).
- Josh Gray is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in assists and 2nd in the Big 12 in steals.
- Jaye Crockett is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in rebounds and 7th in the Big 12 in steals.
- The Texas Tech rebounding leader (Jaye Crockett, 190 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Texas rebounding leader (Jonathan Holmes, 150 rebounds).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Texas Tech currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 1000) than Texas, per the NCAA.
- The Texas Tech three-point leader (Dusty Hannahs, 41 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Texas three-point leader (Julien Lewis, 40 three-pointers).
- Texas Tech has an average margin of victory of 8 over Texas in 21 wins since 1980.
- Dejan Kravic is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in blocks.
|D+||J. Williams, Jr.||20||5||2||1||0||0||1|