Indiana State vs. Evansville: Full Game Preview
|Indiana State||J Odum 14.4||M Arop 5.3||J Odum 4.7|
|Evansville||C Ryan 20.0||T Taylor 7.0||C Ryan 4.1|
Indiana State matches up against Evansville in the quarterfinals of the Missouri Valley Tournament at Scottrade Center on Friday. It starts at 3:35 p.m. EST and you can catch it on MVC Network. The Sycamores lost to the Aces 84-68 on Mar. 2 and are 6-5 against them over the last four years.
The Sycamores were defeated by Evansville 84-68 on Mar. 2 despite 20 points and six rebounds from Jake Odum. He leads the team in points with 14.4 per game, assists with 4.7 per game, and steals with 1.5 per game. For the Aces, Colt Ryan put up 31 points and five rebounds in the 84-68 win over Indiana State on Mar. 2. He puts up a team-leading 20.0 points per game, 4.1 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game. One category in which Evansville is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 17.2, ranking second in their conference (and 32nd nationally).
- Even computers respect Indiana State more. Indiana State has a better RPI this season than Evansville (RPI: No. 74 vs. No. 97).
- Indiana State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (46.5 percent to 41.9 percent).
- Jake Odum is ranked 8th in the Missouri Valley in points, 2nd in the Missouri Valley in assists, and 7th in the Missouri Valley in steals.
- Indiana State has more wins over the last 5 years than Evansville (98 vs. 85).
- Indiana State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Indiana State is 77.5 inches compared to 76.1 inches for Evansville.
- Indiana State has come back to win after being down at half against Evansville four times since 2007.
- The Indiana State assist leader (Jake Odum, 141 assists) has more assists than the Evansville assist leader (Colt Ryan, 120 assists).
- Indiana State has an average margin of victory of 11 over Evansville in 25 wins since 1980.
- Indiana State has a stronger schedule than Evansville this season (SOS Rank: No. 64 vs. No. 103).