Temple vs. Fordham: Full Game Preview
|Temple||K Wyatt 19.6||A Lee 7.2||K Wyatt 4.1|
|Fordham||B Frazier 14.2||C Gaston 7.7||B Frazier 5.0|
On Wednesday, Temple travels to Rose Hill Gym to take on Fordham. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST. The Owls are 6-0 against the Rams over the last four years. The last time they played they won 80-60 on Mar. 3, 2012.
Temple is in fourth place in the conference, Fordham is in 15th place.
The 24 points by Khalif Wyatt helped the Owls to a 76-70 victory over Rhode Island on Mar. 2. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 19.6 points per game and 4.1 assists per game. For the Rams, Ryan Canty finished with 14 points and 15 rebounds in the 82-56 loss to St. Joseph's (PA) on Mar. 2. He contributes 7.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.1 points per game.
Digging into season numbers, Temple has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Owls have an edge over the Rams, 72.3 points per game to 64.3 points per game.
- Temple has a potent offense, scoring more points (72.3 per game vs. 64.3 per game) than Fordham this season.
- Diaper Dandies love Temple. Temple has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Fordham (5 vs. 0).
- The Temple blocks leader (Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson, 32 blocks) has more blocks than the Fordham blocks leader (Ryan Canty, 27 blocks).
- Temple has a stronger schedule than Fordham this season (SOS Rank: No. 51 vs. No. 64).
- The Temple scoring leader (Khalif Wyatt, 567 points) has more points than the Fordham scoring leader (Branden Frazier, 411 points).
- A for effort, but Temple has emerged victorious against Fordham the last six times they've played.
- Temple has a better record in close games than Fordham this season (7-4 vs. 3-4).
- Temple has been the favorite 29 out of the last 30 times.
- Temple has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Fordham this season (three vs. zero).
- It's only wins and losses, but Temple has a better overall record than Fordham this season (21-8 vs. 6-23).
- Temple is ranked higher than Fordham in the A-10 (No. 4 vs. No. 15).