|Southern Utah||J Stevenett 17.9||J Cheesman 6.3||D Heuir 3.3|
|Northern Colorado||T Unruh 13.9||D Barden 9.0||T Svihovec 3.3|
Southern Utah heads to Butler-Hancock Sports Pavilion on Thursday to take on Northern Colorado. Tipoff occurs at 9:05 p.m. EST. The Thunderbirds beat the Bears 51-50 on Dec. 29 and are 1-1 against them over the last four years.
Southern Utah is in fifth place in the Big Sky and would love to gain ground on Northern Colorado, who sit in fourth place.
The Thunderbirds fell 86-74 to Montana on Mar. 4. Damon Heuir finished with 29 points and six rebounds in the loss. In addition to a team-leading 3.3 assists per game, he chips in 16.4 points per game. For the Bears, Derrick Barden put up 18 points and eight rebounds in the 85-75 win over Portland State on Mar. 2. He is averaging 13.4 points per game in addition to a team-best 9.0 rebounds per game.
Northern Colorado StatSmack
- Jackson Stevenett is ranked 2nd in the Big Sky in points and 7th in the Big Sky in rebounds.
- Damon Heuir is ranked 3rd in the Big Sky in points and 5th in the Big Sky in three-pointers.
- Boom! Southern Utah defeated Northern Colorado by 1 point the last time they played (Dec 29, 2012).
- The Southern Utah blocks leader (Jayson Cheesman, 58 blocks) has more blocks than the Northern Colorado blocks leader (Connor Osborne, 24 blocks).
- Southern Utah is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Southern Utah is 78.4 inches compared to 76.2 inches for Northern Colorado.
- Southern Utah attacks the glass, with more rebounds (37.6 per game vs. 33.9 per game) than Northern Colorado this season.
- Jayson Cheesman is ranked 6th in the Big Sky in rebounds and 3rd in the Big Sky in blocks.
- The Southern Utah scoring leader (Jackson Stevenett, 482 points) has more points than the Northern Colorado scoring leader (Derrick Barden, 376 points).