UTSA vs. San Jose State: Full Game Preview
|UTSA||K Burrage 17.4||J Hill 6.2||M Hale III 3.8|
|San Jose State||J Kinney 20.6||C Cunningham 9.1||D Brown 3.8|
On Thursday, San Jose State plays host to Texas-San Antonio at Event Center Arena. Tipoff is at 10 p.m. EST. The Spartans defeated the Roadrunners 80-67 on Dec. 31 and are 2-1 against them over the past four years.
Both teams share eigth place in the conference. San Jose State has lost its last 12 games.
The Spartans fell 88-61 to Louisiana Tech on Mar. 2. Chris Jones finished with 14 points and five rebounds in the loss. He is averaging 3.1 points and 2.0 rebounds per game. For the Roadrunners, Jeromie Hill put up 15 points and seven rebounds in the 53-37 loss to Seattle on Mar. 2. With 6.2 rebounds per game and 0.4 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Texas-San Antonio StatSmack
- San Jose State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on San Jose State is 77.8 inches compared to 75.8 inches for Texas-San Antonio.
- A for effort, but San Jose State has emerged victorious against Texas-San Antonio the last two times they've played.
- San Jose State is better at defending the three (32.5 percent allowed vs. 37.1 percent allowed) than Texas-San Antonio this season.
- James Kinney is ranked 4th in the WAC in points, 4th in the WAC in three-pointers, and 5th in the WAC in steals.
- San Jose State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on San Jose State is 209 lbs compared to 201 lbs for Texas-San Antonio.
- San Jose State has a stronger schedule than Texas-San Antonio this season (SOS Rank: No. 130 vs. No. 229).
- Boom! San Jose State crushed Texas-San Antonio by 13 points the last time they played (Dec 31, 2012).
- The San Jose State rebounding leader (Chris Cunningham, 246 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Texas-San Antonio rebounding leader (Jeromie Hill, 137 rebounds).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? San Jose State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (935 to 927) than Texas-San Antonio, per the NCAA.
- D.J. Brown is ranked 3rd in the WAC in assists.
|C+||M. Hale III||36||16||3||4||2||0||3|