|Wisconsin||J Berggren 11.6||R Evans 7.6||T Jackson 2.7|
|Michigan State||G Harris 13.3||A Payne 7.4||K Appling 3.8|
On Thursday, No. 10 Michigan State welcomes No. 22 Wisconsin at Breslin Center. It gets started at 9 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN. The Spartans defeated the Badgers 49-47 on Jan. 22 and are 7-2 against them over the past four years.
Both teams share third place in the conference.
In their last outing, despite 17 points and 12 rebounds from Adreian Payne, the Spartans fell to Michigan 58-57 on Mar. 3. He paces the team in rebounds per game with 7.4, and blocks per game with 1.2. For the Badgers, Jared Berggren put up 13 points and eight rebounds in the 69-56 loss to Purdue on Mar. 3. With 11.6 points per game and 2.0 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Wisconsin will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: defensive rebounding percentage at 73.9 and turnover percentage at 15.1.
- Michigan State has a better record on the road than Wisconsin this season (6-5 vs. 4-5).
- Michigan State has a better record at home than Wisconsin this season (15-1 vs. 15-3).
- Even computers respect Michigan State more. Michigan State has a better RPI this season than Wisconsin (RPI: No. 8 vs. No. 42).
- Over the past 10 years, Michigan State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Wisconsin (five vs. three).
- Derrick Nix is ranked 7th in the Big Ten in rebounds.
- The Michigan State assist leader (Keith Appling, 111 assists) has more assists than the Wisconsin assist leader (Traevon Jackson, 78 assists).
- Branden Dawson is ranked 4th in the Big Ten in steals.
- Michigan State has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Wisconsin (three vs. zero).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Michigan State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (981 to 965) than Wisconsin, per the NCAA.
- Diaper Dandies love Michigan State. Michigan State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Wisconsin (15 vs. 2).
- Michigan State has a stronger schedule than Wisconsin this season (SOS Rank: No. 5 vs. No. 23).