Southern Methodist vs. Tulsa: Full Game Preview
|Southern Methodist||J Jones 14.6||J Jones 7.8||N Russell 4.4|
|Tulsa||R Smith 14.5||J Woodard 5.7||S Harrison 2.9|
Southern Methodist heads to Reynolds Center on Wednesday to take on Tulsa. Tipoff occurs at 8:05 p.m. EST. The Mustangs fell to the Golden Hurricane 48-47 on Jan. 6 and are 2-7 against them over the last four years.
Southern Methodist is 11th in the conference and Tulsa is fifth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Mustangs fell 74-69 to UAB on Mar. 2. Ryan Manuel finished with 15 points in the loss. He tallies 12.3 points per game and also adds 4.1 rebounds per game. For the Golden Hurricane, Shaquille Harrison finished with seven points and seven rebounds in the 78-66 win over Tulane on Mar. 2. With 2.9 assists per game and 1.6 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- The Southern Methodist assist leader (Nick Russell, 127 assists) has more assists than the Tulsa assist leader (Shaquille Harrison, 80 assists).
- The Southern Methodist basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Tulsa (92 percent vs. 67 percent).
- Southern Methodist has an average margin of victory of 7 over Tulsa in nine wins since 1996.
- Nick Russell is ranked 7th in Conference USA in assists.
- Southern Methodist is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Southern Methodist is 76.9 inches compared to 75.9 inches for Tulsa.
- Jalen Jones is ranked 10th in Conference USA in points and 5th in Conference USA in rebounds.
- Southern Methodist is a better free-throw-shooting team (75.0 percent vs. 67.5 percent) than Tulsa this season.
- The Southern Methodist blocks leader (Cannen Cunningham, 53 blocks) has more blocks than the Tulsa blocks leader (D`Andre Wright, 17 blocks).
- Southern Methodist has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Tulsa ($20,180 vs. $35,816).
- The Southern Methodist rebounding leader (Jalen Jones, 227 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Tulsa rebounding leader (James Woodard, 155 rebounds).
|C||P. Swilling Jr.||26||11||2||2||0||0||2|