Fresno State vs. UNLV: Full Game Preview
|Fresno State||T Johnson 12.3||K Foster 6.3||T Johnson 2.0|
|UNLV||A Bennett 16.2||A Bennett 8.3||A Marshall 5.9|
On Saturday, UNLV hosts Fresno State at Thomas & Mack Center. Tipoff is at 6 p.m. EST and it can be seen on TWCSN. The Rebels fell to the Bulldogs 64-55 on Feb. 6 and are 1-1 against them over the last four years.
UNLV is currently in second place in the Mountain West and Fresno State is in seventh. UNLV has won five games straight.
In a 68-64 triumph over Boise State on Mar. 5, Anthony Marshall put up 16 points and five rebounds for the Rebels. He is averaging 10.5 points per game and leads the team in assists with 5.9 per game. In a 56-41 victory over Air Force on Mar. 2, Tyler Johnson put up 21 points and six rebounds for the Bulldogs. He leads the team in points with 12.3 per game and assists with 2.0 per game.
UNLV looks to have the advantage in three significant areas. The Rebels will put a stronger offensive effort on the floor with an edge against the Bulldogs in assists, 16.8 per game to 8.9 per game. UNLV also has an advantage in rebounding, 40.5 per game to 32.1 per game. Finally, the Rebels have the upper hand in scoring as well, 72.7 points per game to 59.9 points per game.
However, the Bulldogs don't turn the ball over as often, 11 per game to 14 per game.
Fresno State StatSmack
- UNLV has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last five years (72.6 percent to 40.9 percent).
- UNLV has a potent offense, scoring more points (72.7 per game vs. 59.9 per game) than Fresno State this season.
- UNLV has more wins over the last 5 years than Fresno State (146 vs. 78).
- UNLV is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on UNLV is 214 lbs compared to 200 lbs for Fresno State.
- UNLV has a better record at home than Fresno State this season (16-1 vs. 6-8).
- UNLV has an average margin of victory of 14 over Fresno State in 25 wins since 1982.
- The UNLV rebounding leader (Anthony Bennett, 249 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Fresno State rebounding leader (Kevin Foster, 170 rebounds).
- The UNLV three-point leader (Katin Reinhardt, 55 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Fresno State three-point leader (Kevin Olekaibe, 48 three-pointers).
- Anthony Marshall is ranked 21st nationally in assists and 5th in the Mountain West in steals.
- UNLV is ranked higher than Fresno State in the Mountain West (No. 2 vs. No. 7).
- Even computers respect UNLV more. UNLV has a better RPI this season than Fresno State (RPI: No. 13 vs. No. 143).
|C||Jerry Brown Jr||26||5||4||1||1||1||1|