Siena vs. Marist: Full Game Preview
|Siena||O Anosike 12.9||O Anosike 11.4||E Hymes 3.6|
|Marist||C Lewis 16.5||A Kemp 8.7||I Morton 3.9|
Siena squares off against Marist in the first round of the MAAC Tournament at MassMutal Center on Friday. It gets started at 7:30 p.m. EST. The Saints lost to the Red Foxes 76-74 on Mar. 1 and are 8-2 against them over the last four years.
In spite of 17 points and eight rebounds from O.D Anosike, the Saints came up short 80-61 against Iona on Mar. 3. He leads the team in points with 12.9 per game and rebounds with 11.4 per game. For the Red Foxes, Chavaughn Lewis finished with 24 points and six rebounds in the 73-60 win over Fairfield on Mar. 3. He leads the team in points with 16.5 per game and steals with 2.0 per game.
Marist has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Red Foxes have the upper hand over the Saints, 66 points per game to 59.6 points per game.
- Evan Hymes is ranked 8th in the MAAC in three-pointers and 6th in the MAAC in assists.
- Siena has come back to win after being down at half against Marist six times since 1997.
- The Siena three-point leader (Evan Hymes, 55 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Marist three-point leader (Devin Price, 48 three-pointers).
- Imoh Silas is ranked 6th in the MAAC in blocks.
- Siena has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Marist (three vs. zero).
- O.D Anosike is ranked 3rd nationally in rebounds and 10th in the MAAC in blocks.
- Siena has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last five years (54.7 percent to 25.9 percent).
- Siena has more wins over the last 5 years than Marist (111 vs. 59).
- AP voters think more highly of Siena and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Marist (eight vs. zero).