St. Francis (NY) vs. Robert Morris : Full Game Preview
|St. Francis (NY)||J Cannon 14.7||J Cannon 8.9||B Jones 4.3|
|Robert Morris||K Anderson 12.7||L Jones 6.1||V Jones 5.2|
Robert Morris meets St. Francis (NY) in the quarterfinals of the NEC Tournament at Charles L. Sewall Center on Wednesday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST. The Colonials lost to the Terriers 71-61 on Jan. 31 and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
In their last outing, behind 20 points and six rebounds from Russell Johnson, the Colonials blew out Central Connecticut State 81-61 on Mar. 2. While contributing 5.9 rebounds per game, he also scores 10.4 points per game. For the Terriers, Ben Mockford finished with 22 points in the 92-80 win over Sacred Heart on Mar. 2. He contributes 1.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.4 points per game. One category in which St. Francis (NY) is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 17.9, ranking second in their conference (and 59th nationally).
St. Francis (NY) StatSmack
- Robert Morris has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (66.5 percent to 42.6 percent).
- Russell Johnson is ranked 5th in the NEC in steals.
- Robert Morris has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than St. Francis (two vs. zero).
- Lucky Jones is ranked 9th in the NEC in rebounds.
- Robert Morris has a better record in close games than St. Francis this season (7-3 vs. 4-5).
- Karvel Anderson is ranked 5th in the NEC in three-pointers.
- Robert Morris has more wins over the last 5 years than St. Francis (139 vs. 70).
- It's only wins and losses, but Robert Morris has a better overall record than St. Francis this season (22-9 vs. 12-17).
- Coron Williams is ranked 7th in the NEC in three-pointers.
- Velton Jones is ranked 5th in the NEC in assists and 5th in the NEC in steals.
- Robert Morris has a better record on the road than St. Francis this season (10-6 vs. 6-9).