Toledo vs. Eastern Michigan: Full Game Preview
|Toledo||R Pearson 17.9||R Pearson 6.9||J Brown 5.7|
|Eastern Michigan||D Thompson 10.8||D Riley 5.8||J Ross 2.5|
On Saturday, Toledo travels to Convocation Center (MI) to take on Eastern Michigan. Tipoff is at 12 p.m. EST. The Rockets defeated the Eagles 60-52 on Feb. 9 and are 3-6 against them over the past four years.
Toledo is third in the MAC and Eastern Michigan is in sixth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In a 70-46 dismantling of Northern Illinois on Mar. 5, Matt Smith put up 16 points and five blocks for the Rockets. He is putting up 9.7 points per game while also averaging 3.6 rebounds per game. The Eagles were defeated by Central Michigan 61-59 on Mar. 5 despite 12 points and five rebounds from Daylen Harrison. He contributes 5.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.9 points per game.
There is a single key statistical area where Toledo can exploit Eastern Michigan, scoring, where the Rockets have an edge over the Eagles, 68.5 points per game to 56.7 points per game.
Eastern Michigan StatSmack
- Toledo is ranked higher than Eastern Michigan in the MAC (No. 3 vs. No. 6).
- Toledo is a better free-throw-shooting team (76.4 percent vs. 67.2 percent) than Eastern Michigan this season.
- Toledo has a potent offense, scoring more points (68.5 per game vs. 56.7 per game) than Eastern Michigan this season.
- Toledo has a better conference record than Eastern Michigan this season (9-6 vs. 7-8).
- Toledo has a better record on the road than Eastern Michigan this season (5-9 vs. 2-12).
- The Toledo assist leader (Julius Brown, 155 assists) has more assists than the Eastern Michigan assist leader (Jalen Ross, 74 assists).
- A for effort, but Toledo has emerged victorious against Eastern Michigan the last two times they've played.
- Dominique Buckley is ranked 9th in the MAC in three-pointers.
- Boom! Toledo defeated Eastern Michigan by 8 points the last time they played (Feb 09, 2013).
- The Toledo scoring leader (Rian Pearson, 484 points) has more points than the Eastern Michigan scoring leader (Glenn Bryant, 318 points).
|D||A. Rice III||26||4||3||2||1||1||0|