|Oklahoma State||M Brown 15.7||M Cobbins 6.3||M Smart 4.3|
|Iowa State||W Clyburn 14.6||M Ejim 9.4||K Lucious 5.6|
No. 13 Oklahoma State heads to James H. Hilton Coliseum on Wednesday to take on Iowa State. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Cowboys defeated the Cyclones 78-76 on Jan. 30 and are 6-1 against them over the past four years.
Iowa State is in fifth place in the conference and just behind third place Oklahoma State with a chance to catch up.
In their last outing, behind 18 points and six rebounds from Markel Brown, the Cowboys defeated Texas 78-65 on Mar. 2. His 15.7 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Cyclones, Tyrus McGee finished with 22 points in the 86-69 loss to Oklahoma on Mar. 2. He is averaging 13.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.2 steals per game. When considering the Four Factors, Iowa State performs well in effective field goal percentage at 53.4. This ranks first in the conference and 28th in the country.
Iowa State StatSmack
- Oklahoma State has a better conference record than Iowa State this season (12-4 vs. 9-7).
- Since 1998, Oklahoma State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Iowa State (eight vs. zero).
- A for effort, but Oklahoma State has emerged victorious against Iowa State the last two times they've played.
- Oklahoma State is ranked higher than Iowa State in the Big 12 (No. 3 vs. No. 5).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Oklahoma State is superior to Iowa State (Latest AP Poll: No. 13 vs. Not Ranked).
- Philip Jurick is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in rebounds and 9th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- Oklahoma State has a better record in close games than Iowa State this season (5-2 vs. 2-5).
- Oklahoma State has come back to win after being down at half against Iowa State five times since 1996.
- Oklahoma State has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Iowa State this season (Projected SOS Rank: No. 51 vs. No. 68).
- The Oklahoma State steals leader (Marcus Smart, 82 steals) has more steals than the Iowa State steals leader (Tyrus McGee, 36 steals).