Colgate vs. Lehigh: Full Game Preview
|Colgate||M Burnatowski 17.2||L Roh 6.6||L Roh 3.3|
|Lehigh||C McCollum 23.9||H Greiner 6.7||M McKnight 4.9|
Colgate squares off against Lehigh in the quarterfinals of the Patriot Tournament at Stabler Arena on Wednesday. It takes place at 7 p.m. EST. The Raiders defeated the Mountain Hawks 64-60 on Feb. 16 and are 4-7 against them over the past four years.
In their last outing, despite 20 points from Murphy Burnatowski, the Raiders fell to Holy Cross 74-59 on Mar. 2. He contributes a team-high 17.2 points per game and 1.2 steals per game. For the Mountain Hawks, Holden Greiner finished with 24 points and 14 rebounds in the 81-75 win over Army on Mar. 2. With 6.7 rebounds per game and 0.8 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, Lehigh has an edge in one important area, scoring, where the Mountain Hawks have the upper hand over the Raiders, 73.6 points per game to 63.5 points per game. Lehigh will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: turnover percentage at 16.4 and effective field goal percentage at 53.0.
- Pat Moore is ranked 8th in the Patriot in three-pointers.
- Murphy Burnatowski is ranked 36th nationally in points, 9th in the Patriot in rebounds, 4th in the Patriot in three-pointers, 2nd in the Patriot in steals, and 8th in the Patriot in blocks.
- The Colgate scoring leader (Murphy Burnatowski, 534 points) has more points than the Lehigh scoring leader (Holden Greiner, 370 points).
- Mitch Rolls is ranked 8th in the Patriot in assists.
- Boom! Colgate defeated Lehigh by 4 points the last time they played (Feb 16, 2013).
- Luke Roh is ranked 3rd in the Patriot in rebounds, 6th in the Patriot in assists, and 9th in the Patriot in steals.
- Colgate has an average margin of victory of 10 over Lehigh in 30 wins since 1980.
- Colgate has a stronger schedule than Lehigh this season (SOS Rank: No. 224 vs. No. 230).
- Colgate is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Colgate is 77.5 inches compared to 75.9 inches for Lehigh.