Georgia Tech vs. Miami: Full Game Preview
|Georgia Tech||M Georges-Hunt 10.5||R Carter 6.8||M Udofia 3.0|
|Miami||S Larkin 13.8||R Johnson 7.8||S Larkin 4.3|
On Wednesday, Georgia Tech heads to BankUnited Center to take on No. 6 Miami (FL). It takes place at 9 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Yellow Jackets fell to the Hurricanes 62-49 on Jan. 5 and are 2-5 against them over the last four years.
Georgia Tech is in ninth place in the conference, Miami (FL) is in first place.
In their last outing, despite nine points from Mfon Udofia, the Yellow Jackets fell to NC State 70-57 on Mar. 3. He contributes a team-high 3.0 assists per game and 0.9 steals per game. For the Hurricanes, Shane Larkin put up 25 points in the 79-76 loss to Duke on Mar. 2. He puts up a team-leading 13.8 points per game, 4.3 assists per game, and 2.0 steals per game. Miami (FL) ranks second in their conference in turnover percentage at 17.1, which also places them 27th in the country.
Miami (FL) StatSmack
- Daniel Miller is ranked 43rd nationally in blocks.
- Since 1998, Georgia Tech has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Miami (11 vs. three).
- Georgia Tech has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Miami (one vs. zero).
- Since 1998, Georgia Tech has recruited more Top 10 high school players than Miami (three vs. zero).
- AP voters think more highly of Georgia Tech and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Miami (46 vs. 34).
- Georgia Tech has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Miami (seven vs. one).
- Georgia Tech has an average margin of victory of 8 over Miami in five wins since 1997.
- The Georgia Tech blocks leader (Daniel Miller, 61 blocks) has more blocks than the Miami blocks leader (Julian Gamble, 52 blocks).
- Diaper Dandies love Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Miami (18 vs. 2).
- Over the past 10 years, Georgia Tech has had more players drafted by the NBA than Miami (seven vs. four).
- Georgia Tech has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Miami (four vs. one).
|D||S. Poole, Jr.||8||2||2||0||0||0||0|