|Holy Cross||D Dudzinski 15.0||D Dudzinski 6.6||J Burrell 3.6|
|Lafayette||S Hinrichs 14.5||S Hinrichs 5.0||T Johnson 4.8|
Holy Cross matches up against Lafayette in the quarterfinals of the Patriot Tournament at Kirby Sports Center on Wednesday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST. The Crusaders lost to the Leopards 79-76 on Feb. 20 and are 5-8 against them over the last four years.
In a 74-59 triumph over Colgate on Mar. 2, Dave Dudzinski put up 13 points and eight rebounds for the Crusaders. He contributes a team-high 15.0 points per game and 6.6 rebounds per game. For the Leopards, Tony Johnson finished with 22 points and seven rebounds in the 80-72 win over American University on Mar. 2. With 4.8 assists per game and 2.0 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Lafayette has a statistical edge over Holy Cross in one specific area, scoring, where the Leopards have the upper hand over the Crusaders, 68.8 points per game to 61.4 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Lafayette performs well in effective field goal percentage at 53.2. This ranks first in the conference and 31st in the country.
- That must sting. Holy Cross has blown out Lafayette by 20 points or more on six occasions since 2004.
- Holy Cross has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (52.5 percent to 44.0 percent).
- Eric Obeysekere is ranked 9th in the Patriot in blocks.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Holy Cross currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (995 to 994) than Lafayette, per the NCAA.
- The Holy Cross basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Lafayette (100 percent vs. 89 percent).
- Justin Burrell is ranked 5th in the Patriot in assists.
- Holy Cross has an average margin of victory of 13 over Lafayette in 32 wins since 1988.
- Holy Cross does a better job contesting shots (41.6 percent allowed vs. 46.9 percent allowed) than Lafayette this season.
- Holy Cross has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Lafayette (two vs. zero).
- Holy Cross has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Lafayette (No. 36 vs. No. 57).
- Dave Dudzinski is ranked 5th in the Patriot in points, 4th in the Patriot in rebounds, and 7th in the Patriot in blocks.