|Loyola Marymount||A Ireland 20.6||A Hamilton 6.9||A Ireland 3.7|
|Portland||R Nicholas 12.8||R Nicholas 8.7||D Rodgers 3.4|
Portland matches up against Loyola Marymount in the first round of the West Coast Tournament at Orleans Arena on Wednesday. It gets started at 9 p.m. EST and it can be seen on BYUtv. The Pilots defeated the Lions 69-60 on Feb. 7 and are 7-4 against them over the past four years.
In their last game on Mar. 2, Derrick Rodgers put up 10 points for the Pilots in a loss to Gonzaga, 81-52. He is averaging 6.5 points per game and leads the team in assists with 3.4 per game. For the Lions, Anthony Ireland finished with 24 points and five assists in the 73-70 loss to Brigham Young on Mar. 2. He contributes a team-leading 20.6 points per game, 3.7 assists per game, and 1.5 steals per game.
Loyola Marymount StatSmack
- Boom! Portland defeated Loyola Marymount by 9 points the last time they played (Feb 07, 2013).
- Even computers respect Portland more. Portland has a better RPI this season than Loyola Marymount (RPI: No. 220 vs. No. 249).
- Derrick Rodgers is ranked 8th in the West Coast in assists.
- Portland has a better record in close games than Loyola Marymount this season (6-3 vs. 3-9).
- Portland has a better record at home than Loyola Marymount this season (8-8 vs. 5-9).
- Portland is better under pressure, and has defeated Loyola Marymount in nine out of the last 16 games decided by five points or fewer.
- The Portland blocks leader (Riley Barker, 36 blocks) has more blocks than the Loyola Marymount blocks leader (Godwin Okonji, 20 blocks).
- Ryan Nicholas is ranked 28th nationally in rebounds.
- Korey Thieleke is ranked 7th in the West Coast in blocks.
- Thomas van der Mars is ranked 10th in the West Coast in blocks.
|C||T. van der Mars||23||8||5||1||0||1||1|