Illinois-Chicago vs. Green Bay: Full Game Preview
|Illinois-Chicago||G Talton 12.5||J Crittle 5.3||G Talton 4.3|
|Green Bay||K Sykes 15.4||J Fouse 7.7||K Sykes 4.2|
Green Bay meets UIC in the second round of the Horizon Tournament at Athletics-Recreation Center on Friday. It gets started at 8:30 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Horizon League Network. The Phoenix lost to the Flames 60-57 on Jan. 31 and are 7-3 against them over the last four years.
In a 62-46 triumph over Milwaukee on Mar. 5, Alec Brown put up 18 points and six rebounds for the Phoenix. On top of a team-high 1.8 blocks per game, he also scores 13.7 points per game. For the Flames, Josh Crittle finished with 20 points and six rebounds in the 82-59 blowout of Cleveland State on Mar. 5. With 5.3 rebounds per game and 0.9 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- The Green Bay basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than UIC (82 percent vs. 43 percent).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Green Bay currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (941 to 921) than UIC, per the NCAA.
- Jordan Fouse is ranked 1st in the Horizon in rebounds, 1st in the Horizon in steals, and 3rd in the Horizon in blocks.
- Green Bay allows fewer rebounds (30.5 allowed per game vs. 35.5 allowed per game) than UIC this season.
- The Green Bay steals leader (Jordan Fouse, 55 steals) has more steals than the UIC steals leader (Gary Talton, 46 steals).
- The Green Bay rebounding leader (Jordan Fouse, 239 rebounds) has more rebounds than the UIC rebounding leader (Josh Crittle, 165 rebounds).
- Alec Brown is ranked 8th in the Horizon in points, 5th in the Horizon in rebounds, and 2nd in the Horizon in blocks.
- Green Bay is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Green Bay is 206 lbs compared to 198 lbs for UIC.
- Green Bay has a better conference record than UIC this season (10-6 vs. 7-9).
- The Green Bay blocks leader (Alec Brown, 57 blocks) has more blocks than the UIC blocks leader (Josh Crittle, 27 blocks).
- Green Bay has more wins over the last 5 years than UIC (105 vs. 74).