|Georgetown||O Porter 16.6||O Porter 7.6||M Starks 2.9|
|Villanova||J Pinkston 12.7||M Yarou 7.6||R Arcidiacono 3.4|
On Wednesday, Villanova meets No. 5 Georgetown. The game tips off at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN 2. The Wildcats are 1-4 against the Hoyas over the last four years. They lost 67-46 the last time they played (Feb. 25, 2012).
Villanova is currently in eigth place in the Big East and Georgetown is in first.
The Wildcats were defeated by Pittsburgh 73-64 on Mar. 3 despite 23 points from Ryan Arcidiacono. He leads the team in assists per game with 3.4 while also putting up 12.2 points per game. For the Hoyas, Otto Porter finished with 28 points and eight rebounds in the 64-51 win over Rutgers on Mar. 2. He leads the team in points with 16.6 per game, rebounds with 7.6 per game, and steals with 2.0 per game.
- Mouphtaou Yarou is ranked 4th in the Big East in rebounds.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Villanova currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (978 to 960) than Georgetown, per the NCAA.
- The Villanova basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Georgetown (100 percent vs. 78 percent).
- Since 1998, Villanova has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Georgetown (13 vs. nine).
- Villanova has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Georgetown (No. 51 vs. No. 70).
- The Villanova assist leader (Ryan Arcidiacono, 103 assists) has more assists than the Georgetown assist leader (Markel Starks, 78 assists).
- Ryan Arcidiacono is ranked 3rd in the Big East in three-pointers.
- Villanova attacks the glass, with more rebounds (36.6 per game vs. 33.1 per game) than Georgetown this season.
- Villanova has a stronger schedule than Georgetown this season (SOS Rank: No. 32 vs. No. 41).
- Villanova has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Georgetown ($51,520 vs. $54,145).