DePaul vs. Syracuse: Full Game Preview
|DePaul||B Young 16.8||C Melvin 7.1||B Young 4.6|
|Syracuse||C Fair 14.5||C Fair 7.3||M Carter-Williams 7.9|
No. 17 Syracuse welcomes DePaul to Carrier Dome on Wednesday. The game gets underway at 6 p.m. EST and it can be seen on SNY, TWC, Big East, MASN. The Orange are 4-0 against the Blue Demons over the last four years. The last time they played they won 87-68 on Jan. 1, 2012.
Syracuse is in sixth place in the conference, DePaul is in 14th place.
The Orange fell 58-53 to Louisville on Mar. 2. C.J. Fair finished with 19 points and six rebounds in the loss. He contributes a team-high 14.5 points per game and 7.3 rebounds per game. For the Blue Demons, Charles McKinney finished with 13 points and seven rebounds in the 83-73 loss to South Florida on Mar. 3. He contributes 2.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.6 points per game.
- The Syracuse steals leader (Michael Carter-Williams, 83 steals) has more steals than the DePaul steals leader (Brandon Young, 45 steals).
- Syracuse has a better record at home than DePaul this season (16-2 vs. 7-9).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Syracuse is superior to DePaul (Latest AP Poll: No. 17 vs. Not Ranked).
- Even computers respect Syracuse more. Syracuse has a better RPI this season than DePaul (RPI: No. 16 vs. No. 195).
- Syracuse has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than DePaul (No. 57 vs. No. 167).
- Syracuse has a better record on the road than DePaul this season (5-4 vs. 4-7).
- Syracuse has a better scoring defense (59.7 allowed per game vs. 75.0 allowed per game) than DePaul this season.
- Syracuse has more wins over the last 5 years than DePaul (162 vs. 58).
- Syracuse has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last five years (81.0 percent to 30.3 percent).
- Over the past 10 years, Syracuse has had more players drafted by the NBA than DePaul (10 vs. two).
- The Syracuse rebounding leader (C.J. Fair, 211 rebounds) has more rebounds than the DePaul rebounding leader (Cleveland Melvin, 205 rebounds).
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||13||2||3||0||0||1||1|