|Air Force||M Lyons 18.1||M Lyons 4.1||T Fletcher 3.9|
|San Diego State||J Franklin 17.3||J Franklin 9.0||J Franklin 3.2|
On Wednesday, San Diego State hosts Air Force at Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl. Tipoff is at 11:30 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Time Warner SN. The Aztecs fell to the Falcons 70-67 on Feb. 2 and are 7-2 against them over the last four years.
Air Force is in sixth place in the Mountain West and just behind fourth-place San Diego State with a chance to catch up.
The Aztecs fell 70-60 to New Mexico on Feb. 27. Jamaal Franklin finished with 16 points and nine rebounds in the loss. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (17.3), rebounds (9.0), and assists (3.2). For the Falcons, Mike Fitzgerald put up 11 points in the 56-41 loss to Fresno State on Mar. 2. He contributes 4.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.0 points per game.
There is a single key statistical area where San Diego State can exploit Air Force, rebounding, where the Aztecs have an edge over the Falcons, 36.9 per game to 30.2 per game. Areas of strength for Air Force include: effective field goal percentage at 55.5 and turnover percentage at 18.1.
Air Force StatSmack
- San Diego State has an average margin of victory of 11 over Air Force in 46 wins since 1980.
- San Diego State is ranked higher than Air Force in the Mountain West (No. 4 vs. No. 6).
- The San Diego State blocks leader (Skylar Spencer, 47 blocks) has more blocks than the Air Force blocks leader (Taylor Broekhuis, 26 blocks).
- Jamaal Franklin is ranked 5th in the Mountain West in points, 5th in the Mountain West in rebounds, 7th in the Mountain West in assists, 3rd in the Mountain West in steals, and 7th in the Mountain West in blocks.
- Since 1998, San Diego State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Air Force (three vs. zero).
- San Diego State players are more experienced than Air Force players (15,371 minutes played vs. 15,238 minutes played).
- San Diego State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on San Diego State is 211 lbs compared to 199 lbs for Air Force.
- Diaper Dandies love San Diego State. San Diego State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Air Force (1 vs. 0).
- The San Diego State three-point leader (Chase Tapley, 58 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Air Force three-point leader (Michael Lyons, 47 three-pointers).
- San Diego State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on San Diego State is 78.0 inches compared to 76.5 inches for Air Force.
|D+||Dwayne Polee II||10||3||2||0||0||0||1|