|Butler||R Clarke 16.5||R Jones 5.8||R Jones 3.3|
|Massachusetts||C Williams 15.5||C Lalanne 7.1||C Williams 7.4|
Massachusetts welcomes Butler to William D. Mullins Center on Thursday. It starts at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on NBCSN.
Butler is holding down the fourth spot in the A-10, right above Massachusetts in sixth place.
In a 77-72 win over Xavier on Mar. 2, Terrell Vinson put up 20 points for the Minutemen. He tallies 12.5 points per game and also adds 4.1 rebounds per game. The Bulldogs were defeated by Virginia Commonwealth 84-52 on Mar. 2 despite 14 points and six rebounds from Roosevelt Jones. With 5.8 rebounds per game and 3.3 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Areas of strength for Butler include: defensive rebounding percentage at 73.0 and offensive rebounding percentage at 37.2.
- Massachusetts has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (67 percent vs. 79 percent).
- Butler has been ducking Massachusetts for over 30 years.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Massachusetts currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (949 to 1000) than Butler, per the NCAA.
- The Massachusetts rebounding leader (Cady Lalanne, 185 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Butler rebounding leader (Roosevelt Jones, 168 rebounds).
- Raphiael Putney is ranked 7th in the A-10 in blocks.
- Chaz Williams is ranked 8th in the A-10 in points, 7th nationally in assists, and 6th in the A-10 in steals.
- Massachusetts has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Butler ($22,071 vs. $41,438).
- The Massachusetts blocks leader (Raphiael Putney, 36 blocks) has more blocks than the Butler blocks leader (Andrew Smith, 18 blocks).
- Diaper Dandies love Massachusetts. Massachusetts has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Butler (1 vs. 0).
- Cady Lalanne is ranked 10th in the A-10 in rebounds and 9th in the A-10 in blocks.
- Since 1998, Massachusetts has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Butler (one vs. zero).