IPFW vs. Oakland: Full Game Preview
|IPFW||F Gaines 19.5||M Hines 5.9||P Bland 2.8|
|Oakland||T Bader 22.0||C Petros 8.2||D Mondy 5.2|
IPFW takes on Oakland in the quarterfinals of the Summit League Tournament at Sioux Falls Arena on Sunday. Tipoff occurs at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on FCS or Midco Sports. The Mastodons defeated the Golden Grizzlies 74-72 on Mar. 2 and are 2-10 against them over the past four years. IPFW has won five straight.
In their last outing, behind 21 points and six rebounds from Luis Jacobo, the Mastodons defeated Oakland 74-72 on Mar. 2. He contributes 3.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.3 points per game. For the Golden Grizzlies, Corey Petros finished with 14 points and nine rebounds in the 74-72 loss to IPFW on Mar. 2. With 8.2 rebounds per game and 0.3 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Comparing team stats, Oakland looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Golden Grizzlies have the upper hand over the Mastodons, 73.7 points per game to 66.6 points per game. Oakland can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: free throw rate at 42.0 and turnover percentage at 17.6.
- Boom! IPFW defeated Oakland by 2 points the last time they played (Mar 02, 2013).
- Frank Gaines is ranked 15th nationally in points and 5th in the Summit League in steals.
- IPFW has a better scoring defense (65.6 allowed per game vs. 74.0 allowed per game) than Oakland this season.
- Luis Jacobo is ranked 3rd in the Summit League in three-pointers.
- The IPFW blocks leader (Mario Hines, 32 blocks) has more blocks than the Oakland blocks leader (Duke Mondy, 10 blocks).
- IPFW has come back to win after being down at half against Oakland four times since 2001.
- A for effort, but IPFW has emerged victorious against Oakland the last two times they've played.
- Mario Hines is ranked 9th in the Summit League in rebounds and 4th in the Summit League in blocks.
- Isaiah McCray is ranked 6th in the Summit League in steals.
- Pierre Bland is ranked 6th in the Summit League in assists.
|D-||Lloyd Neely II||8||1||1||0||0||0||1|