|Southern Illinois||D Jackson 15.2||J Early 7.4||K Brown-Surles 2.3|
|Missouri State||A Downing 13.7||K Pickens 4.8||A Downing 2.7|
Missouri State squares off against Southern Illinois in the first round of the Missouri Valley Tournament at Scottrade Center on Thursday. It takes place at 9:35 p.m. EST and you can see it on MVC Network. The Bears lost to the Salukis 62-54 on Feb. 16 and are 7-4 against them over the last four years.
The Bears got past Bradley 64-56 on Mar. 2 with the help of 15 points from Anthony Downing. He contributes team-best marks with 13.7 points per game, 2.7 assists per game, and 1.1 steals per game. In a 66-63 victory over Drake on Mar. 2, Jeff Early put up 26 points and six rebounds for the Salukis. He is averaging 13.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 7.4 rebounds per game.
Southern Illinois StatSmack
- Missouri State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Southern Illinois in 28 wins since 1984.
- Missouri State has more wins over the last 5 years than Southern Illinois (104 vs. 81).
- Missouri State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Missouri State is 76.4 inches compared to 75.0 inches for Southern Illinois.
- Anthony Downing is ranked 10th in the Missouri Valley in points.
- The Missouri State assist leader (Anthony Downing, 85 assists) has more assists than the Southern Illinois assist leader (Kendal Brown-Surles, 68 assists).
- Missouri State has a stronger schedule than Southern Illinois this season (SOS Rank: No. 61 vs. No. 134).
- Missouri State is ranked higher than Southern Illinois in the Missouri Valley (No. 7 vs. No. 10).
- Missouri State has come back to win after being down at half against Southern Illinois six times since 1998.
- Missouri State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Missouri State is 204 lbs compared to 189 lbs for Southern Illinois.
- Missouri State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (52.7 percent to 40.9 percent).
|C||A. Beane Jr.||29||9||3||1||1||0||2|