|Long Beach State||J Ennis 16.9||J Ennis 6.8||M Caffey 3.8|
|UC Davis||C Hawkins 20.3||R Howley 7.7||P Mancasola 4.0|
Long Beach State travels to Davis Pavilion on Thursday to take on UC Davis. Tipoff occurs at 11 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The 49ers beat the Aggies 71-65 on Feb. 20 and are 9-1 against them over the last four years.
Long Beach State is in first place in the Big West, UC Davis is in sixth place.
In spite of 23 points from Michael Caffey, the 49ers came up short 72-69 against UC Irvine on Mar. 2. He is averaging 12.5 points per game while also contributing a team-high 3.8 assists per game. For the Aggies, J.T. Adenrele finished with 22 points and 15 rebounds in the 71-68 win over Cal State Fullerton on Mar. 2. He is averaging 12.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.5 blocks per game. UC Davis ranks first in their conference in effective field goal percentage at 55.4, which also places them 11th in the country.
UC Davis StatSmack
- Long Beach State has a better record in close games than UC Davis this season (7-2 vs. 4-3).
- Michael Caffey is ranked 10th in the Big West in assists and 7th in the Big West in steals.
- James Ennis is ranked 4th in the Big West in points, 7th in the Big West in rebounds, 2nd in the Big West in steals, and 4th in the Big West in blocks.
- Long Beach State has a stronger schedule than UC Davis this season (SOS Rank: No. 143 vs. No. 293).
- Long Beach State has a better record at home than UC Davis this season (11-3 vs. 6-5).
- Long Beach State is better under pressure, and has defeated UC Davis in four out of the last five games decided by five points or fewer.
- Boom! Long Beach State defeated UC Davis by 6 points the last time they played (Feb 20, 2013).
- The Long Beach State steals leader (James Ennis, 50 steals) has more steals than the UC Davis steals leader (Corey Hawkins, 38 steals).
- Long Beach State has an average margin of victory of 15 over UC Davis in 16 wins since 2004.
- Long Beach State has more wins over the last 5 years than UC Davis (102 vs. 65).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Long Beach State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (959 to 954) than UC Davis, per the NCAA.