|Loyola Marymount||A Ireland 20.6||A Hamilton 6.9||A Ireland 3.7|
|Portland||R Nicholas 12.8||R Nicholas 8.7||D Rodgers 3.4|
Loyola Marymount battles Portland in the first round of the West Coast Tournament at Orleans Arena on Wednesday. The game gets underway at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on BYUtv. The Lions fell to the Pilots 69-60 on Feb. 7 and are 4-7 against them over the last four years.
The Lions were defeated by Brigham Young 73-70 on Mar. 2 despite 24 points and five assists from Anthony Ireland. With 20.6 points per game, 3.7 assists per game, and 1.5 steals per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Pilots, Ryan Nicholas finished with nine points and nine rebounds in the 81-52 loss to Gonzaga on Mar. 2. He leads the team in points with 12.8 per game and rebounds with 8.7 per game.
- Loyola Marymount has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Portland ($28,548 vs. $43,706).
- Loyola Marymount players are more experienced than Portland players (14,099 minutes played vs. 11,550 minutes played).
- The Loyola Marymount assist leader (Anthony Ireland, 111 assists) has more assists than the Portland assist leader (Derrick Rodgers, 104 assists).
- Ashley Hamilton is ranked 6th in the West Coast in rebounds.
- The Loyola Marymount scoring leader (Anthony Ireland, 618 points) has more points than the Portland scoring leader (Ryan Nicholas, 397 points).
- Loyola Marymount has an average margin of victory of 11 over Portland in 38 wins since 1980.
- The Loyola Marymount three-point leader (Anthony Ireland, 59 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Portland three-point leader (Ryan Nicholas, 35 three-pointers).
- The Loyola Marymount steals leader (Anthony Ireland, 45 steals) has more steals than the Portland steals leader (Ryan Nicholas, 29 steals).
- Loyola Marymount has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (42.5 percent to 40.3 percent).
- Diaper Dandies love Loyola Marymount. Loyola Marymount has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Portland (2 vs. 0).
- Anthony Ireland is ranked 13th nationally in points, 6th in the West Coast in three-pointers, 7th in the West Coast in assists, and 7th in the West Coast in steals.
|C||T. van der Mars||23||8||5||1||0||1||1|