|Manhattan||G Beamon 13.4||R Brown 7.1||E Andujar 2.5|
|Loyola (MD)||D Cormier 16.6||A Winbush 6.3||R Williams 3.9|
Manhattan battles Loyola (MD) in the quarterfinals of the MAAC Tournament at MassMutal Center on Saturday. It starts at 9:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Jaspers fell to the Greyhounds 63-61 on Mar. 3 and are 2-9 against them over the last four years.
In their last outing, despite 14 points and eight rebounds from Rhamel Brown, the Jaspers fell to Loyola (MD) 63-61 on Mar. 3. He leads the team in rebounds with 7.1 per game and blocks with 3.0 per game. For the Greyhounds, Erik Etherly put up 30 points in the 63-61 win over Manhattan on Mar. 3. He contributes 6.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 16.2 points per game.
Comparing team stats, Loyola (MD) looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Greyhounds have the upper hand over the Jaspers, 67.4 points per game to 58.4 points per game. A key area of strength for Loyola (MD) is offensive rebounding percentage at 37.1, which ranks first in their conference (and 34th nationally).
Loyola (MD) StatSmack
- Shane Richards is ranked 6th in the MAAC in three-pointers.
- Manhattan has come back to win after being down at half against Loyola three times since 2001.
- Manhattan has a stronger schedule than Loyola this season (SOS Rank: No. 160 vs. No. 175).
- The Manhattan rebounding leader (Rhamel Brown, 206 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Loyola rebounding leader (Anthony Winbush, 177 rebounds).
- Manhattan has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (51.8 percent to 41.4 percent).
- Over the past 10 years, Manhattan has had more players drafted by the NBA than Loyola (one vs. zero).
- Rhamel Brown is ranked 5th in the MAAC in rebounds and 9th nationally in blocks.
- That must sting. Manhattan has blown out Loyola by 20 points or more on nine occasions since 1999.
- Manhattan is a better three-point shooting team (33.6 percent vs. 30.0 percent) than Loyola this season.
|D-||M. Jackson Jr.||9||1||1||0||0||0||1|