|IUPUI||J Hart 14.2||D Gibbs 6.4||G Rice 3.5|
|South Dakota State||N Wolters 22.8||J Dykstra 7.9||N Wolters 5.7|
South Dakota State squares off against IUPUI in the quarterfinals of the Summit League Tournament at Sioux Falls Arena on Saturday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on FCS or Midco Sports. The Jackrabbits defeated the Jaguars 82-45 on Feb. 14 and are 7-4 against them over the past four years.
In their last outing, behind 23 points and nine rebounds from Chad White, the Jackrabbits blew out Nebraska-Omaha 100-82 on Feb. 28. He contributes 3.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.9 points per game. For the Jaguars, Mitchell Patton finished with 19 points and seven rebounds in the 48-44 loss to Missouri-Kansas City on Mar. 2. He averages 13.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.2 blocks per game.
South Dakota State has a statistical advantage in two significant areas. With the edge in rebounding (35.3 per game to 29.3 per game), the Jackrabbits should find themselves in a good position on offense. South Dakota State also has an advantage in scoring, 74.2 points per game to 66 points per game.
- South Dakota State has a better record on the road than IUPUI this season (7-9 vs. 1-13).
- Be afraid. South Dakota State has blown out more teams than IUPUI this season (five blowouts vs. one).
- Boom! South Dakota State humiliated IUPUI by 37 points the last time they played (Feb 14, 2013).
- South Dakota State is ranked higher than IUPUI in the Summit League (No. 1 vs. No. 9).
- That must sting. South Dakota State has blown out IUPUI by 20 points or more on three occasions since 2008.
- South Dakota State does a better job contesting shots (44.1 percent allowed vs. 48.6 percent allowed) than IUPUI this season.
- South Dakota State allows fewer rebounds (31.4 allowed per game vs. 36.4 allowed per game) than IUPUI this season.
- South Dakota State has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (59.4 percent to 49.4 percent).
- South Dakota State players are more experienced than IUPUI players (16,496 minutes played vs. 11,946 minutes played).
- South Dakota State has a stronger schedule than IUPUI this season (SOS Rank: No. 183 vs. No. 202).
- Chad White is ranked 8th in the Summit League in three-pointers.