Georgetown vs. Villanova: Full Game Preview
|Georgetown||O Porter 16.6||O Porter 7.6||M Starks 2.9|
|Villanova||J Pinkston 12.7||M Yarou 7.6||R Arcidiacono 3.4|
On Wednesday, No. 5 Georgetown matches up against Villanova. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The Hoyas are 4-1 against the Wildcats over the last four years. The last time they met (Feb. 25, 2012) they won 67-46.
Villanova maintains eigth place in the Big East while Georgetown sits at first place.
The Hoyas got past Rutgers 64-51 on Mar. 2 with the help of 28 points and eight rebounds from Otto Porter. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 16.6 points per game, 7.6 rebounds per game, and 2.0 steals per game. For the Wildcats, Ryan Arcidiacono finished with 23 points in the 73-64 loss to Pittsburgh on Mar. 3. He is averaging 12.2 points per game and leads the team in assists with 3.4 per game. Villanova ranks first in their conference in free throw rate at 50.7, which also places them first in the country.
- Georgetown is better under pressure, and has defeated Villanova in seven out of the last 13 games decided by five points or fewer.
- Otto Porter is ranked 9th in the Big East in points, 9th in the Big East in rebounds, and 5th in the Big East in steals.
- Georgetown has more wins over the last 5 years than Villanova (135 vs. 129).
- Georgetown embarrassed Villanova by 21 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).
- Over the past 10 years, Georgetown has had more players drafted by the NBA than Villanova (six vs. three).
- Georgetown is better at defending the three (30.1 percent allowed vs. 36.6 percent allowed) than Villanova this season.
- The Georgetown blocks leader (Mikael Hopkins, 31 blocks) has more blocks than the Villanova blocks leader (Maurice Sutton, 28 blocks).
- Georgetown has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Villanova (No. 23 vs. No. 101).
- It's only wins and losses, but Georgetown has a better overall record than Villanova this season (23-4 vs. 18-12).
- Georgetown has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Villanova this season (seven vs. four).
- The Georgetown steals leader (Otto Porter, 52 steals) has more steals than the Villanova steals leader (Darrun Hilliard, 47 steals).