|Penn State||T Frazier 16.3||R Travis 7.1||D (DJ) Newbill 4.1|
|Northwestern||D Crawford 13.5||J Swopshire 6.7||D Sobolewski 3.9|
On Thursday, Penn State travels to Welsh-Ryan Arena to take on Northwestern. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Nittany Lions lost to the Wildcats 70-54 on Jan. 10 and are 5-3 against them over the last four years.
Penn State is in 12th place in the Big Ten and needs to keep pace with Northwestern, who is currently in 10th place.
The Nittany Lions were defeated by Minnesota 73-44 on Mar. 2 despite 15 points from Devonte (DJ) Newbill. In addition to a team-leading 4.1 assists per game, he chips in 15.9 points per game. For the Wildcats, Dave Sobolewski finished with 13 points in the 63-53 loss to Ohio State on Feb. 28. He averages 10.3 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.9 assists per game.
- The Penn State three-point leader (Jermaine Marshall, 53 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Northwestern three-point leader (Dave Sobolewski, 44 three-pointers).
- Jermaine Marshall is ranked 6th in the Big Ten in points and 8th in the Big Ten in steals.
- Penn State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (48.2 percent to 38.6 percent).
- That must sting. Penn State has blown out Northwestern by 20 points or more on five occasions since 1997.
- The Penn State steals leader (Jermaine Marshall, 43 steals) has more steals than the Northwestern steals leader (Reggie Hearn, 32 steals).
- Penn State has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Northwestern ($24,980 vs. $54,190).
- Penn State attacks the glass, with more rebounds (35.0 per game vs. 31.1 per game) than Northwestern this season.
- Penn State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Northwestern ($36,844 vs. $54,190).
- Penn State has an average margin of victory of 12 over Northwestern in 26 wins since 1992.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill is ranked 5th in the Big Ten in points and 4th in the Big Ten in assists.
|D||J. Montgomery III||5||1||0||0||0||0||0|