Princeton vs. Yale: Full Game Preview
|Princeton||I Hummer 16.3||I Hummer 6.6||I Hummer 4.0|
|Yale||A Morgan 11.1||J Sears 5.6||J Duren 2.4|
Yale welcomes Princeton to John J. Lee Amphitheater on Friday. It takes place at 7 p.m. EST. The Bulldogs defeated the Tigers 69-65 on Feb. 9 and are 3-6 against them over the past four years.
Yale is in third place in the Ivy League and would love to gain ground on Princeton, who sit in first place.
The 19 points by Matt Townsend helped the Bulldogs to a 79-70 victory over Cornell on Mar. 2. He is averaging 7.5 points and 3.9 rebounds per game. In a 68-63 victory over Dartmouth on Mar. 2, Will Barrett put up 24 points and eight rebounds for the Tigers. He contributes 4.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.2 points per game. One category in which Princeton is especially proficient is effective field goal percentage at 53.3, ranking second in their conference (and 31st nationally).
- Yale has a better record in close games than Princeton this season (5-2 vs. 3-5).
- Yale attacks the glass, with more rebounds (35.0 per game vs. 31.6 per game) than Princeton this season.
- Armani Cotton is ranked 7th in the Ivy League in rebounds.
- Yale has come back to win after being down at half against Princeton four times since 1998.
- Boom! Yale defeated Princeton by 4 points the last time they played (Feb 09, 2013).
- The Yale blocks leader (Brandon Sherrod, 22 blocks) has more blocks than the Princeton blocks leader (Ian Hummer, 21 blocks).
- Yale is better under pressure, and has defeated Princeton in five out of the last seven games decided by five points or fewer.
- The Yale three-point leader (Austin Morgan, 57 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Princeton three-point leader (Will Barrett, 42 three-pointers).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Yale currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 1000) than Princeton, per the NCAA.
- Justin Sears is ranked 6th in the Ivy League in rebounds and 10th in the Ivy League in blocks.
- Javier Duren is ranked 10th in the Ivy League in assists.
|D||K. Bedart Ghani||3||2||1||0||1||0||0|